SEF is the largest business organization in Somalia and a strategic partner of East Africa Chambers of Commerce (EAECC). SEF is a Network that serves not only its member businesses but the wider business community. Our current business members are from Somalia, Kenya, Ethiopia, Sweden, Eritrea, Djibouti, Qatar, UAE, UK and Turkey. SEF aims to promote a business environment that is conducive to firms by representing their interests at an international level, through consulting and by providing a forum through which ideas and information can be shared.
The SEF Members consist of a select group of up to 100 leading companies representing diverse regions and industries selected for their alignment with the SEF's commitment to improving the state of the country.They believe in the power of multistakeholder interaction to drive positive change and work closely with the Forum to help shape the industry, regional and global agendas.
At the centre of the Forum's knowledge generation activities Strategic Partners benefit from and contribute to the global knowledge base through working closely with the Forum to set the intellectual agenda of Forum meetings, driving the insight agenda of its publications and steering the impact of its initiatives. Strategic Partners make a tangible impact on global issues and society by contributing to better policy-making, informing business decisions, sharing best practices and engaging stakeholders beyond commercial objectives.
Benefits of Membership:
Our mission is to promote a business environment that is attractive to companies located in Horn of Africa by representing their interests at an international level, in the media and by providing a forum through which ideas and information can be shared. Some of the benefits you will accrue from becoming a member are:
· Global networking Opportunities with senior level executives.
· Organized international trade missions within the member countries and across the continents.
· Gaining access to policy makers & government officials through participation in Working Groups and making contributions to submissions, tenders for Government.
· Opportunity to attend global events, at subsidized rates, focusing on your specific sector.
· Peer-learning on critical best business practices important to the SEF´s multi-sector membership.
· Access to business matchmaking events and other business seminars.
· Trade Missions overseas.
· Promoting member´s capabilities and activities through an on-line contact membership database.
· Privileged/discounted rates to various products and services from other members.
· A free subscription to our quarterly informative members’ newsletter, complimentary publicity and our annual members guide.
Annual Membership Fees
Organization Size: SME Large Multinationals
Annual Fee: $400 $1000 $2800
Please send us an email at to confirm whether you wish to register with us. Alternatively fill the Membership Form found at the following link:http://www.somalieconomicforum.org/membership